Image from Samsung's save the date for the October 24 kick-off to their Galaxy Note II world tour
Wait Samsung, don't tell us. You may have revealed the last "next big thing" back in October, but is the "next next big thing" a larger Galaxy Note device? According to the rumor mill of late, the answer is yes.
Within the same week that Samsung boasted of selling 3 million Galaxy Note II devices, a new DLNA certification (first reported on by SamMobile) shows that the company may already have some successors in the works.
The certification lists two new Samsung-made devices – GT-N5100 and the GT-N5110 – that SamMobile says are sized between 7 and 9 inches. And if you're in doubt as to the fact that the devices listed will in fact be Galaxy Note variants, AndroidGuy points out that the certifications for all “previous Note products start with GT-N.”
If there's any truth to SamMobile's report, it may be that Samsung is looking to fill the gap between their 5.5-inch and 10.1-inch Note models.
As, for why Samsung would want to release a 7-inch Galaxy Note when they've already got the 7.7-inch Galaxy Tab, it may just be that the company sees the Note line, with its stylus pens, as distinct from the rest of their mobile devices.
"Samsung clearly sees this market as separate from its mainstream phone line," writes Mobile Syrup, "and the two won’t necessarily cannibalize sales from either one."
Samsung has been in the news and media outlets lately but it isn't necessarily for the best reasons because they're currently embroiled in an ongoing battle in court Apple vs. Samsung. The court battle is in repercussions due to patent issues in regards to their Samsung Smartphones and Tablets. Samsung is best known for its line of Samsung Smartphones including the Samsung Galaxy Note, the Samsung DoubleTake, the Samsung Galaxy S and even the Samsung Focus. Samsung's Smartphones and Smartphone Accessories are innovative, creative and very popular that many Smartphone users should own. Here's a list of some of Samsung's Most Popular Smartphone Accessories:
1) Smartphone Cases and Holsters are a necessity for every Samsung Smartphone owner to own and utilize especially if you are a Smartphone user whether you are at home or on the road. The Samsung Smartphone Cases and Holsters come in a variety of two different colors and textures; it also features a additional protection for your smartphone against scratches on the front and back of your Samsung Smartphone. Another unique feature to Samsung Smartphone Cases and Holsters is that the cases are unusually slim and ultra light and its textured grip keeps the Smartphone safely protected in your pocket or on your belt holster.
2) Samsung's Multimedia Adapters are another essential accessory for your Samsung Smartphone features the HDTV Adapter Tip with a 5 to 11 Pin Converter, TecTile Programmable NFC Tags and even an HDTV Universal Adapter. Particularly the TecTile Programmable NFC Tags can be programmed to change settings on your phone, launch applications, check-in to places, update social status, or even make phone calls or send text messages automatically. The HDTV Universal Adapter supports HD signals up to 1080p and can connect signals directly to your mobile phone and even create an HDMI Docking Station.
3) Samsung Smartphone Accessories also is sure to include a large collection of Smartphone Batteries and Battery Covers. Some of the most popular Samsung Battery Collection includes the traditional Galaxy S Standard Battery which features a the latest and greatest lithium ion technology specifically designed to give you the most reliable and long lasting battery life for your Samsung Smartphone. Another popular battery includes the Galaxy Nexus i515 Battery Bundle Kit which includes an additional Extended Battery & Extended Battery Cover and can be used with the 2100 mAh extended battery which is also included.
4) Bluetooth Headsets are another popular and favorite accessory for most Smartphone users whether you own Samsung or iPhone. Some of the most popular Samsung Bluetooth Headsets include the HM7000 Bluetooth Headset hat is ultra-slim, ultra-capable, and ultra-convenient, Samsung claims it so slim and sleek you'll forget you're wearing the headset. Another popular headset includes the HS3000 Bluetooth Headset that features a convenient, clip-on communication and entertainment device for individuals on the move.
5) Another necessary smartphone accessory is the Smartphone Vehicle Docks which include the ever popular the Samsung Galaxy Universal Multimedia Desktop Dock which features a multimedia dock that enables it users to continue with daily activities such as working, driving or even taking nap all the while your Samsung Smartphone is kept close at hand. Another popular the Samsung Universal Navigational Vehicle Mount features a fitted mount that securely hold your smartphone in place during those long, boring car rides.
6) Memory Cards are also another vital Samsung Smartphone accessory including the 32GB microSD Card which is able to durable and stability and essentially designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, it allows you to store and play your favorite video and audio clips, it’s waterproof and even offers shock proof resistance. The Samsung Smartphone Memory Cards comes in a 32 GB, 16GB, 8GB and 4GB memory storage.
7) Samsung Smartphone Screen Protectors come in a variety of colors, designs and flexibility. Some of the most popular Samsung Screen Protectors feature an easy usability, accessibility and durability. The Screen Protectors are easy to apply and remove, they promise to give your Samsung Smartphone a special look and additional added protection. The Screen Protectors also guarantee a privacy screen filter which helps to ensure that those around your or next to you can't see what's on your screen.
8) Smartphone Chargers are a vital necessity that every Smartphone owner user must own and utilize in order to maintain the battery life of their smartphone. Some of the most popular Samsung Chargers include the Samsung Galaxy Spare Battery Charging System that also includes a standard 2100 mAh battery, a stand that allows your smartphone to fit snugly in the stand at an optimal viewing angle in portrait mode. The Samsung Battery Charger also include a charging unit that converts to a compact, carrying case for your spare battery so your Smartphone is always guaranteed to have a fully charged battery.
9) Wired headsets are not your traditional Bluetooth Headset especially when it comes to your typical Samsung Smartphone accessories. The most popular Samsung Wired Headset includes the Serious Sound Headset which enables you and your smartphone to receive quality audio features at an affordable price. The Serious Sound Headset enables to you listen to your country music, your classical rock, your oldies or even your contemporary jazz in crystal clear melodic harmony. It also enables smartphone users to make and receive calls with the in-line microphone and answer keys. So whether your spending time surfing the internet, watching a movie or reading your favorite novel allow the Serious Sound Headphones to clear your head and all the background noise.
10) Another accessory that is especially unique to Samsung Smartphones is the Samsung Galaxy S C Pen which features a fine build from an attractive and attentive brushed metal and chrome materials. The pen is styled with a tip that stimulates a single touch of your finger by allowing you to tap or swipe to provide a full touch screen environment without ever leaving your fingerprint evidence on your touch screen. This pen allows you to write and edit quick notes on your Samsung Smartphone, it also creates the ability for you to draw or edit in addition to performing typical touch screen commands
The new Samsung Galaxy Note “phablet” is in the works as a follow up to the success of its first phone/tablet hybrid – the Galaxy Note.
The Galaxy Note was one of the key contributors to Samsung's success in the past year. Over seven million devices have been sold worldwide. That beats the company’s sales projections from back in March by two million units.
According to MK Business News, Samsung plans to release the new handset in October. Samsung apparently wants its new Note to go head to head with the Apple iPhone 5 that is also expected to enter the market in the fall.
The Galaxy Note2 will have a display that is rumored to be larger than the current Note’s 5.3-inches. It will up the technology bar with a display made from “unbreakable plane” (or “UBP”), a precursor to the flexible display. The Note II is also is rumored to have a slimmer design than the Note, a quad-core processor and an Android Jelly Bean OS.
No details on pricing have been provided by Samsung.
Rumors of the death of the “tablet” have been highly exaggerated. There were those who predicted smartphone-tablet hybrids like the Samsung Galaxy Note wouldn’t find a market. Then Samsung goes and sells 5 million of them in less than five months. Well on their way to meeting there 10 million unit goal for 2012, it’s a good thing Samsung didn’t listen to the naysayers.
According to a new report from market research firm ABI, Samsung’s Galaxy Note has started a new trend. As ABI analyst Joshua Flood put it, “One of the chief drivers for tablets is the amount of time people use their smartphones for web browsing, reading articles and newspapers on the go, or simply navigating their journeys. The larger screen sizes make a significant difference to the user’s experience when compared to conventional-sized touchscreens between 3.5 to 4 inches.” ABI predicts shipments of the devices will increase by a factor of 10 this year over last year.
Sales of tablets like Galaxy Note and LG’s Optimus Vu are expected to surpass 208 million in 2015. ABI describes the trend as “the dawn of the tablet era”. HTC, LG and Huawei are all expected to release their own devices later this year.