By Aldo Panessidi
What if you haven't met your perfect match or that special someone... then, Valentine's becomes Single Awareness Day.
Since the lovers among us are going be... shall we say somewhat engaged in amorous activities - I have prepared the following the Top 10 Valentine's Day Ideas for Singles:
- Give Yourself a Gift: Nothing can lift the spirits like a gift of mobile accessories. Let the latest trend setting fashionable accessories express your unique style! Discover an extensive array of award-wining cases and skins that deliver modern style, stunning design and smart protection for your cell phones, tablets, iPods, MacBooks and other mobile devices. Make your mobile devices stand out. Customize your look - how cool can you be?
- Express love and Gratitude for dear ones: Why not gift something to Parents, Grandparents or anyone else who are special to you? Say you love them with a selection of top quality, innovative mobile devices protective solutions and premium electronic accessories from the industry's most leading brands .
- Pamper yourself at a Spa: There is a saying that you need to love yourself first be able to love others. Spend the day by pampering yourself at a Spa. Get a massage, a facial, pedicure, hair cut or even a makeover and feel special and pampered!
- Party at Home: Are there other Single friends you normally hang out with or good friends whom you have not met for some time? You can organize a Singles Party at Home and have a blast with likeminded friends.
- Go out with friends: Organize your single friends and go out together for movie, play, concert, clubbing, beach or anywhere you all can have fun together.
- Do a Service: There are many people who are not as privileged as we are and it is our moral responsibility to do something for them. Why not visit an orphanage or old age home and spend time with the inmates there? You can also do things like adopting a Pet or getting involved in a good cause. Giving gifts and roses to old or sick people can be a wonderful way to express our gratitude to God for all the blessings we have in our lives.
- Eat out at your Favourite Restaurant: Go to your favourite restaurant with your other single friends or alone and eat whatever you like.
- Go out on a Road Trip: Is there a special place you have wanted to go? Plan a Trip alone or with friends visiting the place. Or you can explore an unknown territory on your vehicle. It could be anywhere - a temple, a picnic spot, tourist destination or anywhere you can reach within a few hours and also return back on the same day.
- Get Adventurous: Are you adventurous? Do you like Sky diving, rappelling, camping, Bungee jumping, parasailing or things of that sort? Go ahead and enjoy an adventure with friends or alone.
- Do things you love: Are there things you love to do or are passionate about but normally do not get the time to do it? Is there a new hobby which you are interested in? Do it or get started on the Valentine’s Day.
Whether you are a Single by choice or single and searching, you can make your day special by indulging in some of the ideas given above. There is nothing to be depressed about being a single. I have tons of friends who are single and happy than many of the married couples I know. Still, if you are Single and frustrated on a Valentine’s Day because you do not have a mate, I would advise you to stay positive and take good care of your health and physical appearance. Who knows by next Valentine’s Day you may not remain a Single anymore.