By Aldo Panessidi
Now that there’s new management at the helm of Canadian BlackBerry manufacturer Research in Motion (RIM), the company's future is the subject of much discussion and speculation. I have been researching, collecting and consolidating information to our readers with an exclusive insider view of the Research In Motion's (RIM) product and release road map strategy for 2012.
I came across the following RIM Roadmap Deck that best illustrates where the company is headed in the coming months. The following summarizes RIM's product launch roadmap for the next 15 months:
- Apparently two new Blackberry Curve smartphones are to be launched in short order. the BlackBerry Curve 9230 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320. The 9230 will be an EDGE smartphone and the Curve 9320 will be an HSPA device
- Rumor has it that RIM will be launching two new Blackberry PlayBook - a 10-inch Playbooks running the latest build of RIM's well-received Playbook OS, version 2.0. Playbook OS 2.0 with the capability to support 4G LTE is scheduled to arrive in February. With a 7-inch 3G capable model coming by April.
- It seems that the BlackBerry London which will reportedly run RIM’s new QNX-based smartphone operating system, BlackBerry 10 is still on track for a September launch
- There is now another BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the works that will launch as part of Balackberry Bold series accessories. The phone features a touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard, and it is planned for a December release
- A QWERTY slider running BlackBerry 10 has been talked about for the first quarter of 2013.
Enhance your mobility and turn your Blackberry device into a power tool! Discover select accessories such as; stylus & pens, micro SD memory cards, batteries, docking stations, Bluetooth headsets, data cables and glider gloves all specifically designed to make your devices functionally efficient and performance rich.