By now we all know that Apple has an event planned for January 27th, 2010 and the rumors about what was going to be announced have been running rampant.
Well now it looks like BoyGeniusReport has received some info from an Apple contact regarding the iPhone 4.0 operating system.
According to BGR
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
From the sounds of it the 4.0 software will finally give users some things they wanted, but anyone still using the original iPhone 2G will unfortunately not be able to upgrade.
Until January 27th we guess everyone will just have to sit tight and wait