So it looks like this year is going to be a year that Palm makes a jump back into the cell phone market. In the past year or so Palm hasnt' really been seen on the market. Many people had lost confidence as they had issues with the 680 and 750 models. Well now this year with the Palm Pre releasing they have announced the Palm Eos
This is looking to be the first North American phone that will run on the Palm WebOS. As for the phone it seems pretty standard.
The specs we've seen come from BoyGeniusReport.com
- Quad-band GSM, 850/1900MHz HSDPA
- 111 x 55 x 10.6mm (looks like the E71’s reign as the thinnest QWERTY smartphone is coming to an end)
- 2.63-inch 320 x 400 capacitive display
- 4GB storage
- Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
- Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
- Removable 1150 mAh battery (4 hours 3G talk time)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS (picture and video only), integrated IM client
- Contact sync with AT&T Address Book
- Cellular Video
- Email: POP3, IMAP4, and EAS support
- Audio: WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones
- Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
This new phone looks like it will help get Palm back in the game, or at least get a foot in the door. One nice feature is that it will have North American 3G, which has definitely something that's been lacking in some recent phones that have been released.
Only time will tell how well the phone will do but it does give people a choice.